Hi everyone. Time for another patch!
We haven’t changed anything major this time around, however there are a couple of important alterations that should probably be explained in more detail.
Firstly, we’ve disposed of the old MSI installer, which was becoming unintuitive and causing issues with repeat installations. We’ve reverted to a simple but reliable archive format instead.
We’ve also added an Uninstaller to make things easier. If you have an existing version of the mod, you need to put this in your CoH folder and run it before extracting v1.019!
Make sure you follow the instructions in the Download section properly!
Secondly, we’ve added 7 new maps by Omnicron and Unreal-Eugen, who have done a fantastic job in not only making these maps for you, but in finding innovating new ways to use existing assets. We hope you like them!
We’ve also removed a number of unconverted community maps that were added to the mod despite being set during WWII and containing no modern assets.
We’ve been quiet lately; the team has been reduced to only a few people, and we’re all beset by real-life obligations that have drastically reduced the time we can contribute to further development of this mod.
That said, we hope to persevere and have exciting plans for the future. It’d be premature to make promises at this point… but if all goes as planned then you can look forward to a new iteration of Modern Combat unlike any that have come before it. More news on this at a later date.
We hope you enjoy Modern Combat 1.019, and that all the players who have been experiencing installation problems can finally run the game without issue. Sorry it had to be a full re-release and not just a patch, but it was the only way for us to ensure everyone stays compatible online.
~ The Modern Combat Dev Team
Download Full Version 1.019
- Added an Uninstall batch file.
- Fixed a fatal SCAR error that was occurring at the end of skirmish matches.
- Increased default and maximum camera heights by 5 metres.
- Increased slot item drop probabilities by 20%.
- Several mine triggering and UI placement improvements.
- Removed obsolete DLLs.
- Removed obsolete manifest XML.
- Removed the Predator drone’s weapons load.
- Removed the Paladin’s lockdown ability (which the AI couldn’t use).
- Increased the range of the Paladin’s default barrage.
- Increased the speed of the Paladin’s projectile.
- Replaced placeholder 60mm mortar with an M224.
- Reduced the munitions cost of PLA AT mines (from 50 to 40).
- PLA AT mines can no longer insta-kill light vehicles, but are now guaranteed to cause an engine or tread critical when triggered (the probability of which was previously only 85%).
- Reduced the munitions cost of PLA incendiary mines (from 20 to 10), and added a fuel cost (5).
- Incendiary mines are now more effective.
- Booby traps have been revised (increased in power, cost and ability duration). They now trigger a sequence of grenade detonations around the target point.
- Fixed ZTZ59Ds being able to fire ATGMs with damaged main cannons.
- Tweaked the formation of PLA Engineers.
- Replaced placeholder 82mm mortar with a PP87.
- Replaced placeholder flamethrower with a Type 74.
- Some rebalancing and tweaks.
- Gave special weapons to certain PLA troops.
- Fixed Corpsman healing ability being permanently deactivated at random.
- Removed shared timer on “Mark Target” ability.
Art, Localisation and Sound:
- Added 3 new environment supply caches for mappers.
- Improved Predator specular and gloss textures.
- Made the aircraft minimap symbol more generic.
- Replaced current tracers and smoke trails with the original smaller versions.
- Fixed the Type 85 SMG’s tracer.
- Minor UCS localisation tweaks and fixes.
- Italian localisation updated.
- Czech localisation updated.
- Polish localisation updated.
- Chinese localisation updated.
- Added new map: Golmud Outskirts (2p) by Unreal-Eugen.
- Added new map: Huihe River (2p) by Omnicron.
- Added new map: Zìyóu Square (2p) by Unreal-Eugen.
- Added new map: Apocalypse (4p) by Omnicron.
- Added new map: Quzhou Suburbs (4p) by Unreal-Eugen.
- Added new map: Battle for Qhuai (6p) by Omnicron.
- Added new map: Huangtian Rice Fields (6p) by Unreal-Eugen.
- Removed 14 non-modern community maps.