Bradley BUSK upgrade?

Moderators: Developers, Auxillaries

Bradley BUSK upgrade?

Postby ubermensche » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:20 pm

So just a little suggestion, assuming that you guys still take these.

I think it would be interesting to be able to give the Bradley the BUSK, Bradley Urban Survival Kit, which pretty much gives it better armor like the TUSK and the Abrams. I see it fused with the current TOW missile upgrade into some sort of "Improved Bradley", the Stryker Cage armor upgrade ("improved vehicle survival") or something that is unique to the Close Battle doctrine, ie an universal upgrade that can only be researched if the player picks the Close Battle doctrine.
ubermensche
Private
Private

Re: Bradley BUSK upgrade?

Postby I_am_a_Spoon » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:41 am

Sounds like the US military pretty much ditched the idea due to weight concerns?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bradley_Fi ... rvival_Kit

They're still going ahead with the BUSK III, but that only incorporates "a blast-proof fuel cell, a blast resistant driver seat, a turret survivability system, and an emergency ramp release".
I_am_a_Spoon
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Steam Username: I_am_a_Spoon

Re: Bradley BUSK upgrade?

Postby AAMC4 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:56 am

ubermensche wrote:So just a little suggestion, assuming that you guys still take these.

I think it would be interesting to be able to give the Bradley the BUSK, Bradley Urban Survival Kit, which pretty much gives it better armor like the TUSK and the Abrams. I see it fused with the current TOW missile upgrade into some sort of "Improved Bradley", the Stryker Cage armor upgrade ("improved vehicle survival") or something that is unique to the Close Battle doctrine, ie an universal upgrade that can only be researched if the player picks the Close Battle doctrine.

looks really great idea but the M2 Bradley is good enough right now...

He can survive from impact of 105mm gun...that does not happen in the real life, a single 105 mm gun can destroy a bradey with a single shot...this was demonstrated in the desert storm campaign...

but unfortunately this is the best weapon the US have before give access to the main tank abrams... if you make the Bradley much better, maybe you can controll all the battle field with a single vehicle...(very good vs, infantry, light armored vehicles, medium armored vehicles, and can shot down airplanes) without mention that you can transport troops inside, maybe a engineers team to fix the bradley when he is damage, is too much for a single vehicle...
AAMC4
Sergeant
Sergeant

Steam Username: AAMC4

Return to General Discussion