Infantry Only

Moderators: Developers, Auxillaries

Infantry Only

Postby SnowBlaZeR2 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:10 am

I've been playing around with some editing and trying to get an infantry only game mode. The only thing I'm able to do is disable things that I want to be excluded. What I'm trying to do now is make a game mode that can be selected from the same menu as the hardcore modes. Where would I even begin to look for that? Is that something that would need separate files added to each "race" and "command"? I'm sure I can eventually get it figured out, but I'm having a hard time tracing the source to begin with.
SnowBlaZeR2
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Infantry Only

Postby I_am_a_Spoon » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:46 am

1. Create new wincondition SCAR files (located under "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Company of Heroes Relaunch\NewModernCombat\Data\scar\winconditions"). I suggest you just copy the existing hardcore ("conquest") files, open them with Notepad and then rename the upgrade that they apply.

2. Create an upgrade RGD of the same name. Again, just copy the HC one ("DataAttrib\attrib\upgrade\generic_hardcore_mode.rgd").

3. Go through all the unit and ability RGDs, adding the upgrade as a requirement (they should require that it be either present or absent). Once again, there are HC requirements already present for you to copy.
I_am_a_Spoon
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Steam Username: I_am_a_Spoon

Re: Infantry Only

Postby SnowBlaZeR2 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:25 am

Excellent, that should do it, I appreciate it.

Seems like you've done this before... ;)
SnowBlaZeR2
Sergeant
Sergeant

Return to General Discussion