Green Berets and SEALs

Moderators: Developers, Auxillaries

Green Berets and SEALs

Postby Tactical Ghost » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:00 pm

Hello,

My friend and I were playing around with the mod last night and we noticed something odd about the US Spec Ops teams: they don't really have the ability to do very much. Now, I do realize they can sneak around and murder infantry better than your average squad, but other than that, there is little return on your investment. What I recommend is that the Green Beret and SEAL units receive the ability to plant explosives or throw satchels (or both?). This would increase their use and give the player much better options with them. It would certainly be in keeping with the real-life abilities of the units, especially the SEALs who got their start as UDTs (Underwater Demolition Teams). I would also suggest giving them anti-armor capabilities as well, but it could cost some ammo like the US Army's AT4. The addition of these abilities could be offset by increasing costs, etc.
Thanks for your time!
"De oppresso liber ("To free the oppressed")"- US Army Special Forces motto
Tactical Ghost
Private
Private

Steam Username: armydude20

Re: Green Berets and SEALs

Postby Campaigner » Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:43 am

Developers focus is on the PLA now (atleast WAS two months ago).

The US got enough versatility. Green Berets can upgrade to the rifle that destroys tanktracks (and does good damage vs infantry).
Campaigner
Corporal
Corporal

Postby SnowBlaZeR2 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:34 am

I'm with you. I've played around with editing a little bit, and gave them the ability to plant demo. I have to say, it made them a lot more interesting and useful.
SnowBlaZeR2
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby I_am_a_Spoon » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:50 am

We had a major overhaul planned, which amongst other things would have made elite infantry units more dynamic. It may still happen but no guarantees of course. :/
I_am_a_Spoon
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Steam Username: I_am_a_Spoon

Postby SnowBlaZeR2 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:48 pm

Do you guys need help with anything? I can't contribute as much as I'd like, but I'd be willing to help out.
SnowBlaZeR2
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby I_am_a_Spoon » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:01 pm

I can do everything myself aside from the 3D modelling and OE work.

IF this actually goes ahead (I've already done a massive amount of work on it), I plan to make the entire project more transparent that it was at first release; i.e., I'll want community feedback. It's incredibly reassuring to see you guys still hanging around. I just assumed that after such a long dry patch everyone would have moved on. :)
I_am_a_Spoon
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby SnowBlaZeR2 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:48 am

Good to hear it. I've played around with infantry only, but I can only manipulate what is already there, and it's not very fun. This is probably my favorite mod for any game, and I'm glad to see it still moving forward.
SnowBlaZeR2
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby I_am_a_Spoon » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:03 pm

Well I really hope it can. But to do so it needs DB, DMz and/or Beefy; without them there are no new assets.
I_am_a_Spoon
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Return to Balance Discussion