• Advertisement

Installer won't start.

Moderators: Developers, Auxillaries

Installer won't start.

Postby Reshki » Sat 11 May 2013, 00:10

Another of my friends has tried to run the installer and gets an error message right off the bat that says: "cannot access network location" bla bla bla. He has Vista if that means anything.
Reshki
Private
Private

Re: Installer won't start.

Postby Darkbladecr » Sat 11 May 2013, 00:27

The installer takes the install location of your Steam. So either his Steam has a corrupt install, or it is pointing to an invalid location in his HKEY.

You can ask him to check if his HKEY is correct, if it is not he can adjust to fix it, or completely reinstall steam.
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_art ... -OBMP-2526
Darkbladecr
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Steam Username: Darkbladecr

Postby Chaz » Sat 11 May 2013, 00:39

I thought something in the registry might be off but it's not. Every other program/mod I've installed finds the Steam install just fine. I've checked the registry - it all points to the right place. When I try to run the modern combat installer it says: "could not access network location steamapps/common/Company of Heroes Relaunch".

Registry says:
InstallPath C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam

I notice a few people on the moddb having this issue as well. I have Vista 64. That's the only difference between my machine and the other people I'm trying to play with that I could think of causing this conflict. But run as admin doesn't help.
Chaz

Postby Darkbladecr » Sat 11 May 2013, 01:07

Very Strange, considering one of our own dev members had the exact same install path yet the installer worked for him. I'll put together a version without the install path then.
Darkbladecr
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Steam Username: Darkbladecr

Postby Chaz » Sat 11 May 2013, 01:13

Awesome, I eagerly await this. I've tried everything I can think of it to get the current installer to work and its a no-go. If it's not a Vista issue then I'm at a loss.
Chaz

Postby afiune_07 » Sat 11 May 2013, 01:31

Hi guys, i have the same problem, in fact, mostly in the new steam version have the same problem, steam doesnt have and answer because this is a modd not a game, and we dont have any answers or suppot about this BIG issue u have with the installer... what we can do or i dont know... whats happening
afiune_07

Postby I_am_a_Spoon » Sat 11 May 2013, 04:16

Darkbladecr wrote:Very Strange, considering one of our own dev members had the exact same install path yet the installer worked for him. I'll put together a version without the install path then.

Maybe create an "auto-detect" feature instead of it occurring by default? Best of both worlds.
I_am_a_Spoon
Major
Major

Steam Username: I_am_a_Spoon

Postby afiune_07 » Sat 11 May 2013, 04:30

good night for everybody

You ask me in the page of moddb.com my Valve/Steam Installpath

"C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\Common\Company of Heroes Relaunch"

And i have reinstall the Steam with the instructons of local machine etc... reinstall de game too, and nothing im still having the same issue of:

Could not access network location steamapps/common/Company of heroes relaunch"

In fact i deactivate my anti virus, add it to exceptions in DEP too, and i dont know what to do... im tired :S LOL!!!!

so... the next step is? :D thanks guys
afiune_07

Postby I_am_a_Spoon » Sat 11 May 2013, 04:34

Maybe it's looking for "Program Files (x86)" and not just "Program Files"?
I_am_a_Spoon
Major
Major

Steam Username: I_am_a_Spoon

Postby afiune_07 » Sat 11 May 2013, 04:39

So you think thats it?

So i can test with creating a folder with the name you suggest?
afiune_07

Next

Return to Installing/Running the Mod