Download the Modern Combat modification from this page!
NOTE: To play Modern Combat, you must own Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts and/or Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor.
INSTALLING PATCHES MANUALLY
1. Download the patch .rar archive to your computer.
2. Right-click on it, and select “Extract files”.
3. Enter your ‘Company of Heroes Relaunch’ folder as the extraction destination directory (for example, “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Company of Heroes Relaunch”).
4. Click “OK”.
5. When prompted to overwrite existing files, click “Yes to All”.
The old version of Company of Heroes (v2.602) now is obsolete. The Quazel servers that Relic had been using for them have been shut down. Thus we, the Modern Combat Team, do not support this version of CoH anymore. We have transferred our mod to the new version of Company of Heroes (v2.700) utilising the Steamworks servers. To learn more about the change, please read Relic’s community post here.
Instructions for transferring your game to the Steamworks servers:
1. Download and install Steam (http://store.steampowered.com/).
2. Launch Steam (create a Steam account if you don’t already have one).
3. Sign into your Steam account.
4. Select “Activate a Product On Steam” from the “Games” menu.
5. Enter your Company of Heroes CD-Key (f you don’t have your original Company of Heroes CD-Key, you can use our Key Retrieval Tool located here: https://cohtool.sega.co.uk/).
6. Repeat for the Opposing Fronts and/or Tales of Valor expansion packs.
Once you’ve completed the above steps you’ll see “Company of Heroes (New Steam Version)” appear in your Steam Library. Download it, and then install Modern Combat within the new “Company of Heroes Relaunch” folder it creates (located in your “Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common” directory).
To create a Desktop shortcut:
1. Browse to your ‘Company of Heroes Relaunch’ folder.
2. Right-click on “Modern Combat Launcher. bat” (or the Cheat Mode variant if you want) and select ”Copy”.
3. Go to your Desktop.
4. Right-click and select “Paste shortcut”.
You now have a fully-functional shortcut. You can rename it if you want, or give it the custom Modern Combat icon provided to you (“Company of Heroes Relaunch\ModernCombat\coh-mc_shortcut_icon.ico”).
To enable Cheat Mode, launch the mod via the “Modern Combat Launcher Cheat Mode. bat” file provided to you. Cheat mode is intended for new players who want to familiarise themselves with the mod, or as a sandbox for playtesting.
NOTE: Launching Modern Combat with Cheat Mode enabled will disable all online multiplayer functionality, as well as any campaign missions.
- Shift + Control + F1 = Display Hotkey list
- Shift + Control + F2 = Squad Hotkey List (of selected army)
- Shift + Control + F3 = Ability Hotkey List (of selected army)
- Shift + Control + F4 = Entity Hotkey List (of selected army)
- Shift + Control + F5 = Revert chosen Commander Tree
- Shift + F1 = Toggle FoW (fog of war)
- Shift + F2 = Toggle Taskbar
- Shift + F3 = Spawn all units of selected army
- Shift + F4 = Toggle Instant Production
- Shift + F5 = Toggle Instant Build
- Shift + F6 = Toggle Instant Ability Recharge
- Shift + F7 = Toggle AI
- Shift + F8 = Toggle Selected AI
- Shift + F9 = Change Atmosphere / Weather
- Shift + F10 = Add Resources
- Shift + F11 = Toggle Screensaver (cinematic mode)
- Shift + F12 = Reload scripts (for developers)
- Shift + [0-9], [A-Z] = Spawn Units of selected army
- Shift + Control + [1-9], [A-Z] = Spawn Abilities of selected army
- Shift + Alt + [0-9], [A-Z] = Spawn Entities of selected army
- Shift + Numpad 0 = game speed x 0.125
- Shift + Numpad 1 = game speed x 0.25
- Shift + Numpad 2 = game speed x 0.5
- Shift + Numpad 3 = game speed x 0.75
- Shift + Numpad 4 = normal game speed
- Shift + Numpad 5 = game speed x 1.25
- Shift + Numpad 6 = game speed x 1.5
- Shift + Numpad 7 = game speed x 2
- Shift + Numpad 8 = game speed x 4
- Shift + Numpad 9 = game speed x 8
- Shift + Spacebar = Change Selected Army
- Shift + / = Switch Control to other player
- Shift + Insert = Change owner of selected units (middle insert button only)
- Shift + Delete = Delete selection (middle delete button only)
- Shift + \ = Toggle Weapon Auto Targeting of selected units or buildings
- Shift + . = Toggle AI Lock selection
- Shift + ; = Increase Veterancy selection
- Shift + ~ = Print Blueprint of selected unit
- Shift + [ = Copy (store selected squads or entity)
- Shift + - = Special Copy (store entity at mouse cursor)
- Shift + ] = Paste (spawn stored squads or entity)
Before installing older versions of the mod, make sure you first delete the ‘ModernCombat’ folder and .module files within your CoH root directory!
If you would like to install 1.015+ of the mod for the old 2.602 version of CoH, but don’t want to use the new 2.700 version of CoH, you’ll need use the 1.015+ installer and set the install path to your Company of Heroes root folder (for example, “C:\Program Files\THQ\Company of Heroes”).
Patch 1.011 FULL (includes patches 1.001 to 1.011)